Sunday, July 26, 2009

considering the lilies...

"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;
they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you,
That even Solomon in his glory was not
arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field,
which to day is,
and tomorrow is cast into the oven,
shall he not much more clothe you,
O ye of little faith?"
Matthew 6: 28-30

I have seen a lot of these lilies
as I have been driving around lately.
How grateful I am for their beauty and their reminder
of our Heavenly Father's love.

Our life is getting ready to change drastically:
we will soon be moving again;
we will soon be sharing a home with family again
for at least a few months;
we may soon be building a house--
assuring us a longer stay in Massachusetts
than I had anticipated.
On top of everything house related,
we are feeling the weight of life--
family,
friends,
church,
etc.

However,
in these moments
when a realization of all that is coming our way
makes it a little hard to breathe,
I try to consider the lilies.
I try to remember that
a loving Heavenly Father will clothe me
with what I need to endure.

Ah, yes.
I am breathing easier already.

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

This is a beautiful verse. Becky I think is considering it for Ben's funeral (nothing happening - just trying to be prepared). When you have more details, fill us in!

Toni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.