Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fancy Pants Saturday

eating these little bites of loveliness...
with these beautiful ladies...
and washing it all down with a cup of this.
Mary, my best friend from college, was celebrating her
25th birthday last weekend,
and I got a lucky invite to the classy event.
She booked us for tea and cupcakes at the Ritz in Boston!
We all had a great time.

We each got to pick our own pot of tea
(I chose a lovely herbal blend)
and got our own plate of the 5 cupcakes above.
We then spent 2 lovely hours
sipping, nibbling, and chatting.
I did not leave a crumb on my plate or a drop in my pot.

One of my favorite parts of the whole experience
was the live piano player they had in the lobby
playing beautiful Christmas music the whole time.
There were also lots of little girls on cupcake dates
with their moms--so adorable!
It made me excited for when Dorothy is older
and we can do some fun things together.

Thanks for the wonderful day, Mary!

1. a break from the norm
2. our first snowfall
3. morning walks--in lots of layers

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

What a fun outing! Someday I'll have granddaughters and daughter in laws to do that with. For now, Mom and sisters and friends

Mary Casey said...

Thank YOU for coming!! I am so glad that you were able to make it, and I'm truly honored to be featured in your blog!! XOXO