Wednesday, October 19, 2011

veins

So we are on our third pregnancy in the last 3 and a half years. And it definitely sounds even more crazy when I read it all typed out like that. Anyways, this pregnancy number three really seems to be doing a number on my little body (did anyone else have this experience?), and I'm beginning to think that my body is a little angry at me for asking it to, you know, grow three other humans in under 4 years.

One thing I never had with my other babies was varicose veins, but, wouldn't you know, they have shown up on one of my thighs this time. I was taking a bath with Dorothy the other night (we both had colds and needed a warm soak), and she looked at my thigh and exclaimed, "MOM! Who drew on your leg?" Oh, man. Did I need that! Nothing like something silly coming out of that girls mouth to make the world seem right. I looked at her and said "it was daddy." She responded, "yeah, it was daddy. And he did it on purpose."

Now if only they washed off as easily as marker...

2 comments:

LL said...

it's not only the 3rd, it's a different sex and that changes things.
You're CUTE...and shame on that husband of yours for drawing on you ;-)

Alana said...

Zach and I are both laughing. Way to take one for the eternal team.