Wednesday, December 21, 2011

As ready as I'll ever be.

It has been a crazy week or so. We have had accidents that probably should have involved stitches, nights with extra toddlers, lots of baking and visiting, and trying to prepare the house for the 20 people that will fill these walls come Christmas Eve. WHEW!

I have come to the realization that my house will have to be just what it is when my company arrives. Oh, how I have longed to scrub every floor, clean up every little pile of random papers that accumulates faster than I can sort it into the recycling bin, dust every surface, and finish little decorating projects and ideas to fill my bare walls. BUT, luckily, I know that my family loves me even in all my imperfections and dusty book shelves.

I will at least make sure they have clean toilets to sit on, clean sheets to sleep on, and clean dishes to eat off of. They will be happy, and my 30-week pregnant self will be grateful.