Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thankful.

I am so thankful for this little family of mine. Every little (and big!) person adds a different joy to the dynamic.

Thanksgiving evening, after Lucy and Ezra were in dreamland, Dorothy (our night owl) and I went down to the kitchen to nibble on leftovers. We got out turkey and mustard and sliced open some rolls. As we made sandwiches, we realized it was starting to snow. 

"Mama! Look! Isn't it beautiful? Can I bring my plate over here by the window so I can watch?" We turned off the kitchen light and the back deck light on. And there we sat in the peace of that evening, together. Munching on an abundance of good food going into our strong, healthy bodies, watching the snow spread its white blanket. 

These are the moments I treasure most. They are simple, quiet, and full of love. For these, I am thankful.

No comments: