Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Simple Things

I love the simple things in life. I found these two giggling together in a patch of sunlight the other day, and it made my heart happy. Children seem to inherently know how good the simple things are in life. They are my teachers and reminders each day.

Some of the little things bringing me joy these days:

1) hanging the laundry on the clothesline!! I love the slow peaceful process while the baby rests on my back and the big ones run around in the fresh air. I love the lingering smell of sunshine in the cotton.


2) The first bike ride of the season! 

3) time with family. And the memories created.

4) the Temple. Even if only on the grounds for a few minutes in the freezing cold!--I still feel the power of the covenants I have made in this Holy House of the Lord.

5) babies. Annie still feels so fresh from Heaven, and her eyes still shine with the brightness of a place beyond this world. All I have to do is look at my littlest one to refocus when the days get crazy. 

I could go on and on. I feel so blessed for the life I have been given--and so terribly unworthy. This simple, sweet life is all that I need and more than I deserve.

1 comment:

JoshandMegs said...

I absolutely love that photo of them lying in the sunspot :) Happy you caught that on camera!