Friday, June 12, 2015

Morning Chores

As the children get older, I'm more able to step in and help with the morning farm chores. I love that quiet half hour in the morning, especially this time of year when the temperature is perfect! 
Watering the garden comes first. We have added a few raised beds to the smaller plot we created last year while I was pregnant with Annie. We'll continue to expand the garden as our family grows.
The pony is next, getting fresh water and moved to our front pasture. She's a spirited little thing, but we're still working with her. I've enjoyed spending more time with her one-on-one.
And we can't forget those laying ladies! They spoil us, really. Some fresh water, feed, and fruit and veggie scraps is all we have to give them to get nearly a dozen eggs in return each day. 
Annie loves this time of day even more than I do. She'll often whine and cry when chores are over and we have to head back inside. I truly love this little bit of land to call ours and the little bit of farming we get to do here. Life is lovely.





No comments: