Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ahhhhh, that's more like it!

As a tribute to my favorite season, I decided to give our blog a new face.

Yes, indeed, I love the fall!!! I don't think I can say it with enough enthusiasm. Why do I love the fall? Well now, where do I begin...?

TOP 5 REASONS FOR MY UNABASHED LOVE OF THE FALL:

1) The return of school! Oh, yes. I love school--new books, new teachers, new ideas, all of it! I am not officially returning to school this fall (a fact I am coping with on a day-to-day basis), but I am engaging myself in my own reading/studying during this wonderful season of seasons.

2) The heat is gone! I sweat. I'm a sweater (thanks for the genes, Lewis). I admit it. Therefore, the summer is a rather uncomfortable time for me. I look forward with absolute glee to the days where the thermometer does not go above 70-75 degrees.

3) Speaking of sweaters--The return of sweaters! And this time I am referring to the oh-so-cozy body coverings of the season and not the people who have no control over their perspiration. Warm, soft material--what, I ask you, could be better?

4) Apple picking! I thank my years in Northborough for this fall love. Apple pies, apple cider, parades to celebrate the apple, farms at which to pick the apples--it is a veritable paradise for the apple lover.

5) And...drumroll please...the season in which I met my sweet husband! After meeting Marty, the fall has suddenly taken on a new meaning for me. When I think of September I now think of not only the cool nights, warm sweaters, and apple pies, but also of our first date to T's farm, some of our wonderful first conversations over warm homemade soup and bread, and the pumpkins he brought me when he first came to visit me out in Northborough.

Yes. I cannot deny my love for this beautiful season. This year will add even more love for the season and wonderful memories as it becomes the season in which my belly expands for the first time with our first pregnancy. So for all you lovers of summer that are lamenting our trot into cooler territory, watch the changing leaves, pull a sweater out of the back of the closet, sip a cup of hot wassil, and give this season a chance. You might be surprised at how much you enjoy yourself!

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Amen! I am a fall lover as well, so I sincerely appreicate your tribute to it. I am now craving a good hay ride, some leaves to jump in, and a warm cup of Sis. Wards wassail that I first ever tasted...good times!

Laura said...

I love it! You got me all excited... unfortch it is still feeling summery here, so we are patiently waiting to create pumpkin goodness and my fall jackets are rustling in the closet, ready to be worn!

Thanks for the re-direction to your blog, I am so so happy to find you folks again.

Mary Casey said...

Kimberlee, you are so cute... and a fabulous and riveting writer. You could write a column for autumn. :)