Thursday, September 18, 2008

The times they are a changin'...

After months of looking and feeling like this...
I'm UP! I'm ALIVE! I'm COOKING! Tasting the bitter certainly does make you appreciate the sweet things in life.
Having our own space definitely helps with my drive to get up each day. I love our open kitchen, and I think Marty loves that he no longer has to eat frozen burritos or lean pockets for dinner.
We spend most of our time out in the living room area. Don't you love our groovy free couch and chair?--Circa 1978, Germany. Eventually we would love to pick out our own set, but we couldn't really argue with free for the time being.
And here is the other half of our open living space. I love all the afternoon sunlight we get--perfect for reading or painting. Notice the lack of television? Yes, we absolutely love not having a t.v. around and how much more productive we are because of it.
Of course the apartment is still a work in progress. I'm busy working on some paintings for our bedroom, trying to organize everything better, and figuring out how our "office" will be able to turn into a nursery. But overall, we're just thrilled to have a warm place to call our home.

1 comment:

LL said...

HI KIM! Glad you're feeling better, you poor thing.
I'm thrilled you gals all have blogs, now I can feel like the Heaps clan is still living near by.
Happy 5 months!