Saturday, September 19, 2009

I was going to wait to tell you all...

But who likes waiting?

So, here you go, folks. The big secret: We're pregnant with #2!

No joke. It is a little sooner than we were expecting, but hey, we're excited and know that everything will work out!

So now you know why I have so little drive to blog lately. The morning sickness is taking over again, but at least I was a little more prepared for it this time. It also really helps to have Dorothy around to keep me focused on something else.

Speaking of Dorothy, she turned 6 months yesterday! Half of a stinkin' year! Crazy. It sounds so big to me right now, but then I think about this little sibling showing up and realize how small they will both be. If my calculations are correct, baby #2 will be here around the end of April--roughly 13-14 months apart from Dorothy. One of the challenges I am thinking of right off the bat is Sundays. Two little ones too young for nursery. Hmm. I am so happy that there are plenty of ladies with free hands who will be willing to help.

But, I shouldn't get ahead of myself. Right now we are just trying to stay focused on having a healthy second pregnancy and getting another healhty little one into our family.

7 comments:

LL said...

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!
So excited for you, how fun to have them close.

Jo Jo said...

"We're pregnant," is not correct, my dear. It's "I'm pregnant," and my husband is overjoyed ;-) Congrats! Two is so much easier than one. Really. Sorry about the sickness, though.

esther said...

CONGRATS!!!! I still need to meet Dot.

idasale said...

Well congratulations!!! It is so much easier then it seems like it will be right now! I am a friend of Marty's from several years ago by the way!
Any way I just wanted to let you know you are going to love having them this close... We have 4 little ones and have only been married for 5 years..the first two are 12 months apart...then the next ones are 14 months and the last one we just had and they are 24 months apart but I love having my kids so close they play together all the time and they are built in friends! Having 4 under 4 is not nearly as bad a people might think and you will already still be in baby mode with little dot so it won't be any different! Enjoy it! You are going to love it!! Congratulations!!!

Charlene said...

AAAHHHHH! My mom and I are excited for you and hope this pregnancy will be a little more manageable than the last (although I am getting vivid flashbacks of the sickness and feeling sympathy for you). This will be an adventure. Looks like we'll have to get together when you are feeling better or having a good day.

Charlene said...

If you can't tell - the last comment was from Aubrey.

Toni said...

Yeah!!!!!

I'm so excited for you guys!