Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Oh, hushed October morning mild"

Oh, how I love October. The weather has been so beautiful, and the leaves are incredible. Almost every afternoon, as soon as Marty gets home from school, our little family throws on sweaters and goes outside for a walk. I wanted to put up a picture of the bundled Dot with her papa, but our laptop won't cooperate. So, just imagine the cutest Dot ever grinning a bit goofy grin all wrapped up for the fall wind.

Yesterday, we finally had our production meeting for the house! We were able to pick out all the colors for our siding, bathrooms, countertops, shingles, cabinets, carpets, etc. Tomorrow I drop off some paperwork, and as soon as our permits come through the foundation will go in! If all goes well, the house will be delivered before Christmas and local work will begin! It was such a feeling of relief when we got into our apartment--just being able to have all our stuff out and being in our own space--I can't imagine how wonderful the house will be!

In baby news, everything has been looking good at the doctor's. They just told me I need to start putting on weight--ha! I told them I will try as soon as all my food stays down. Fair enough. Can't wait to hear the little heartbeat again in a few weeks and to (hopefully) find out the sex in December!

1. surprise daisies from the handsome husband
2. a napping baby girl and papa man
3. playing the piano--and all the teachers who put up with me!

3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

A picture is worth a 1000 words, but you did well painting a picture. How hard to have to put on weight!

AM said...

glad to hear you are up for a walk everyday! i hope you don't get any more sick and that things are looking up!

Youngfamily said...

My doctor said the same thing.... so he told me to drink slim fast or one of those kinds of drinks as well as trying to eat.... just an idea.