Sunday, February 14, 2010

I love...

On this day of LOVE,
I thought it would be fun to share
a few things that I love.

Of course you all know that I love my family,
my faith,
and friends,
but there are so many
little things that make me smile.

So,
without further ado,
the loves of Kim Vieira:
Farm life. Boy, did I marry into the right family.
Iguanas. Beautiful, sweet animals.

The smell of lavender.
Houseplants.
A little greenery makes the world better.
Jazz music.
Especially when it is played by old men--like these.
Honey.
And can I just say that The Secret Life of Bees
made me want to eat it, shampoo with it, dab it behind me ears like perfume...
Handmade quilts.
Oh, to some day have the time and talent.
Edward Curtis photography.
His Native American portraits are stunning.
Oh, Frankie, baby.
You croon like no other.
I could eat cheese every day.
At every meal.
Baking. Cooking. Apron-wearing.
Housewifery in general.
No words needed.
Lovage.
If you have never used this herb, please do.
A little freshly chopped lovage on soup=heaven.
Hand drums.
The sound. The look.
Fantastic.
Reading Rainbow.
Old School, that is.
"Butterfly in the sky..."
Clotheslines.
Venice.
Clotheslines in Venice.
Morning sunlight.
What is better than the promise of the new day?
Le Creuset Cookware.
I'm still waiting to win some for free
from the Pioneer Woman.
Billy Collins poetry.
Who else could make such prosaic things into poetry?
Candles burning in candle places.
Judy Garland.
And no, her performance in The Wizard of Oz
is NOT why my daughter's name is Dorothy.
It is, however, a wonderful coincidence.
Women of the 1940s...
and the 1950s.
Seriously,
for some reason the idea of wearing red lipstick,
an apron, high heels, and a house dress
makes me happy.
Not that I ever do.
Sushi.
The dragon roll, in particular.
Hippie skirts.
Can't have enough of them.
Cinnamon.
I probably sprinkle this on more things than I should.
Painting.
Bob Ross.
Bob Ross painting.
I rest my case.
Books.
I'm giddy just typing the word.
Oh, and the library?
Don't even get me started.
Nothing warms the soul
like a hot and gooey pan of enchiladas.
Hi. I am Kim Vieira,
and I have an unhealthy obsession with mugs.
And my kitchen cabinets are hurting because of it.
Bluegrass music.
No, not all the time.
But once in a while all you need is a banjo.
Am I right?
Antiques.
Always have. Always will.
Makes me feel nostalgic for times I never lived in.
Piggies out in the air?
Yes, thank you.
(And no. These are not my feet.)

There you have it.
The lesser-known loves of yours truly.
I'm feeling closer to you all already.


5 comments:

Steven C. said...

Re: Honey; you should become a beekeeper then! I am - it's a fun hobby!

I blog about it - http://stevensbees.blogspot.com

The Mormon Monk said...

This is funny Kim; and did I mention that my dissertation adviser both wrote the definitive history of the banjo in America and is a pretty decent player himself?

Jo Jo said...

That was a definitive list. THe mug craze makes me laugh. Good for you for kn owing what makes you happy.

Trisha said...

And all these little loves of yours are just more reason to love you! Whenever I see a rustic looking little mug, I think of my Kimmy Gibbler :)

Toni said...

Love it... especially the mug collection!!!! You'll need a special display place for those pretty mugs in your new house!