Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I knew someone could say it better...

After my thoughts the other day, I found this quotation:

"The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things of life."
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Thank you, Robert Louis Stevenson. I needed that.

1. The Conference issue of the Ensign
2. Finishing the Book of Mormon as a Family
3. A peaceful and Calm heart

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your thoughts and quotes reminded me of a favorite poem of mine by Edward Everett Hale:

I am only one
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do

When I can't see my way around a problem or I am down-hearted, I think of that poem and it makes me smile.

Good Luck :)