Sunday, January 30, 2011

Diapers

Ah, the happy land of cloth diapers. I never thought I would visit such a place. In fact, the first week I met my friend Jessica I told her that disposable diapers were just part of the carbon foot print I would leave on the earth. Little did I know that after hanging out with her for a few months she would silently convince me that cloth diapers were doable. And you know what? I am happy to say that after 2 months in cloth, we are still alive! My washer and dryer are not gross and poopy. And I have survived swishing poopy diapers around in the toilet. Who knew?

Goose and Dot sport these sassy all-in-one diapers from the Rita's Rump Pocket pattern all day. I still do disposables at night, but these beauties are great. I really do dig on the cloth now--even if it means a few more loads of laundry.
Am I happy to not be adding my diapers to all the others at the landfill? Yes. But I more immediately enjoy that we have TONS less trash to take to the dump (we're down to about 1 bag per week, sometimes less!), after the initial investment we are saving quite a bit of money (especially with 2 still in diapers), and these diapers are just plain cute! Look at those cushy buns!

And you must admit, this little girl looks happy to have her buns swaddled in fleece:)


2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Adorable! My Mom told me about this pattern! It is an adorable rump!

The Scribbles said...

I have switched to cloth for my little one and I love it. We do disposables most nights too. and I love my sunbabies! my favorite thing to do is match diapers to outfits. It is way easier than i expected!