Monday, January 30, 2012

4 weeks to go!

And then I will certainly be ready to get my hormones back in check and my body back into shape. Seriously, I think I get a little winded every time I have to bend over to put on my shoes.

And the pregnancy hormones! Can we just talk about that? I cried the other day because the cow milk I bought from a local farm smelled too cow-ey. I think I got so used to the smell of our goat milk that I was overly sensitive to the change (we have sadly said goodbye to our goats--they're off for breeding!). The planned meal for the night was a cream of broccoli soup, and I could not even think about cooking with that milk--let alone eat anything made with it. Luckily, I was able to pull together a chicken noodle soup instead.

The next week or two will call for massive amounts of cleaning, washing newborn clothes and blankets, cooking and freezing up extra food, packing hospital bags, and then we wait! I'm already dilated to a 2, so there is hope that my labor will be even faster with this baby #3. After about 17 hours of labor, I was only at a 3 when I checked in with Dorothy. After 10 hours of labor and contractions down to 3 minutes apart I was--again--only at a 3 when I checked in with Lucy. I'd love to be anywhere but a 3 when I check in for Ezra!

But for now, I'm off to...nap. All this talk of prepping for baby has plum tuckered me out.

No comments: