Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dear Goose

My dearest little Lucy Goose,

Turning two has turned you into a fun--but sometimes crazy--maniac. You love to run faster toward trouble when we say, "stop, please!" The word "no" has become one of your favorites, and almost everything has to be done by yourself. I wouldn't expect anything less from a two year old Vieira--Dot taught us well.

But sometimes there are such utterly sweet moments in this phase of life that it makes me want to stay here forever. The other day we had one of those. You quietly found the box of crayons and your cherry notebook on the occasional table and took them, one-by-one, out to the back porch.



The next twenty minutes or so, you peacefully colored in the sunshine, the wind in your wild hair. I loved it. I watched you from the window until I was afraid something would burn on the stove.

Oh how I love you, my second born.

All my love,

Mama

No comments: