Saturday, September 1, 2012

more home improvements

We have a  fairly long stretch of wall between our front door and music room windows that drives me crazy. I don't want another painting there. I don't want a piece of furniture there. But it is just too darn much yellow to just be all by itself. I need to break up the color! I need to add texture! And I'd sure love a way for all our piano students and their parents to be able to hang up their coats in the winter time. Solution?

A panel of beadboard painted light blue, framed in white. Add a few knobs from etsy and a shelf from Ikea, and we're in business! The knobs were the absolute headache of this project. Because of how we had to anchor them into the wall, their placement on the wall had to change from our original plans. But overall, I am happy with the outcome.

Bring on the cold, wet coats of winter. We're ready for them!

Now to complete the projects I have in store for that naked shelf....

1 comment:

JoshandMegs said...

adorable!! i love it :) i also love that you have a music room!