Sunday, July 28, 2013

A good day.

Today was a good day. I awoke to the lovely sight of a 7 as the first number on our bedroom clock. After rolling out of bed, I watched Marty finish putting on his tie and shoes. His blue eyes were sparkling. He flashed me his sweet smile (with that gap between his front teeth that makes me swoon), and sent me out to feed the animals with a kiss while he headed off to early morning meetings.

I was antsy during the beginning of Sacrament meeting while everyone around me sat whispering their thoughts on why two members of the Stake Presidency were visiting our ward unannounced. I knew why. I just couldn't say yet. I let out a sigh of relief as they released my husband from his calling as first counselor to the Bishop, asked him to bear his testimony, and sent him down to sit with us on our pew. He kissed me again, and it felt good to have him there to help me make it through the meeting with our three munchkins. I know he has loved serving all different people of the ward, but I know he will be excellent in his new (yet to be revealed) calling. We have spent at least half of our marriage with him on the stand, so this season of our lives will be a treat! I love sitting next to him.

I stayed after for a meeting with the Young Women's leaders. After some yummy lunch and good discussion with good ladies, I headed home to my babies. They smothered me with kisses, hugs, and things they wanted to tell me. Then we all took to our peaceful Sunday afternoon activities: the baby playing in the playroom; Marty and the girls finishing Prince of Egypt on our bed; me quietly keeping an eye on everyone, pondering. I walked down to check on the baby boy who just happened to be naked from the waist down letting his slightly rashy buns air out. He proceeded to walk over to me and hand me a nice lump of poo. Oh, how I love that boy. I laughed pretty hard at that one. Lots of hand washing commenced.

When the movie was done, we finished up the night with our Sunday tradition of popcorn and smoothies. Jammies, tooth-brushing, books, and prayers followed. Laying in the dark, I then got to listen to Lucy snoring, Ezra nursing, and Dorothy telling me stories about dragons before she drifted off to sleep. How very grateful I am for this good day.




No comments: