Friday, July 19, 2013

Oh, boy.

 I didn't know what to expect in a baby boy toddler. 
After the two girls, I figured it wouldn't be THAT different. 
But I am starting to understand just how boy-ish little boys can be.
 I love that my son prefers rocks to anything else. 
I love that he screams "bahpwah!" or "dada!" when he sees his grandpa or daddy working outside and then finds his shoes to chuck at me until I let him join them. 
I love that he sweats and smells like a stinky little puppy when he has been playing hard. 
I love that when his sisters are frolicking around the yard singing and gathering flowers, my sweet baby boy is busy covering himself in dirt and inspecting the car tires.
The only thing I lament is that little boys have to grow up.

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

Aren't boys wonderful? Great, sweet thoughts! I am reveling in the girl stuff over here...so different!