Thursday, April 16, 2009

musings of a new mother's mind...

Let me just start off by saying
I love Susan Boyle.
This spunky little Scot has captured my heart.
If you haven't seen her youtube clip yet,
go watch it.
It makes me smile every time
(yes, I have watched it more than once),
sometimes tear up,
and I want to give her a hug.

I was worried that I would not find time to read
once I had Dorothy.
Wrong.
Very wrong.
I just make my sweet Dorothy listen while I read.
There is nothing like a captive audience.
This girl is getting quite the education in the classics:
Frost, Whitman, A.A. Milne, Dickens, and more
have already been covered.

I find myself wanting to pick up my trumpet lately.
Not such a great idea in a small apartment with a sleeping baby.
I guess I'll have to wait until Dorothy is a little older
to get back to my jazzy roots.
I'll let Louis Armstrong fill my want for right now-
he is almost as good as I am:)

And
pretty much every minute of the day
I find myself thinking
that I'm pretty sure I have the cutest daughter in the world.


Oh,
and if you haven't watched the Karate Kid trilogy in a while,
do yourself a favor and put it on.
Go ahead and skip the 4th one
(sorry Hilary Swank--I liked you in Freedom Writers).
Sometimes I wish I had a Mr. Miyagi
that lived in my apartment complex.

And THAT is what this post-prego
brain has been thinking about lately.

Oh, and I have been out of practice with my
3 things I am grateful for.
Dorothy and Marty were about all I could come up with
for the past few weeks.
But now I return:

1. april vacation
2. crock pots
3. washing machines

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Little Dot is adorable and I love her eyes. Can't wait to meet her. We'll have to get together soon - we're almost out of hibernation.