Monday, June 8, 2009

2nd time Around

Well, I am officially on my second go as a Relief Society counselor. After only a month as the Enrichment counselor, our President was released and her counselors (me included) along with her. However, the new President has called me back in--this time as the Education counselor! I am so excited to get going in this new calling, serving with more amazing women.

One of the projects I want to take on as Education counselor is to (with the help of our librarian) organize the library, creating a resource binder for our teachers. I think my heart just skipped a beat. Time in a library? Oh, how I love it. I think libraries, especially our church libraries, are sadly under-used. My goal is to change that.

What an exciting opportunity this will be to learn and grow. I feel so blessed to be able to serve the wonderful women in our ward. I also know that this calling will help me to expand my knowledge of the Gospel, something I have been striving to do on my own (but we all know there is nothing like a calling to get our butts in gear). So, in the words of Allison, buckle up! This is going to be quite a ride!

2 comments:

LL said...

good for you! RS was so intimidating for me the first time.
I love your outlook and excitment.
Keep us updated on the library change over.

Toni said...

Congratulations on your new calling!