Sunday, March 21, 2010

Growing up

Since we moved into our new space,
Dorothy has been hitting all sorts of milestones.
She is seriously thriving in her new environment.
Two weeks ago,
within a day or two of being in her new space,
she began
1) full on walking
2) eating a ridiculous variety of grown-up foods
(including burritos, cod, curry, meatballs, and more)
3) going to sleep on her own with no fussing
4) sleeping through the nights (hallelujah!)
and
5) entertaining herself with books and toys for longer than 5 minutes

I just cannot believe how grown-up she has become all at once.
I love that she is making some of these changes
before her little sister comes,
but I hope she doesn't grow up too quickly on us.
She did fall asleep in my arms tonight while we were reading scriptures
and I savored every second.
It is really beginning to hit me how short of a time they are babies.
*sigh*

1. living in the moment
2. cameras that help us capture those moments
3. wet baby kisses

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Sad, so true! I have found that the more they eat, the better they sleep! Still struggling with a three year old and food.

JoshandMegs said...

Love the wet ones. Abigail will just stick out her tounge and you are well suppose to kiss it. Love it!