Friday, March 12, 2010

So nice of you to stop by!

Welcome! Welcome!
Thanks for coming to visit us!

The yard is still nothing but dirt,
but, hey, it's our dirt:)
And a back porch will come in time.
Had to build what we could afford, ya know?
Again, welcome.
Don't let the bright colors scare you.
They'll make you smile--just give them a minute.
And please forgive our mess.
Organizing takes a while.
Do you need to freshen up before we begin the tour?
No?
Alright, then let's head to the music room.
We're still looking for a used piano,
and our keyboard has yet to make it over.
But rest assured that music will flow from this room eventually.
Feel free to browse the books
or rest a spell
as we stop by the living room.
Or if you're feeling hungry,
we can pass through the nook over into the kitchen.
I'll whip something up.
I'll even let you feel all fancy
by letting you sit at the dining room table to eat.
Just don't take Dot's chair.
She gets upset about that.
I think it is about time we head upstairs.
There's a few more things to see.
You sure you don't need the bathroom?
Well, here is another one if you decide you do.
I'll even let you do your laundry free of charge.
Dot's room,
along with all our bedrooms
is still a work in progress.
We still need to do most of the upstairs painting,
and we will buy some more pieces of furniture in time.
But she is happy as a clam with her big windows.
A place to sleep and see her new morning light is all that child needs.
We won't even bother with the nursery or guest room right now.
Not much to see.
Onward to the Master bath/bedroom.
Man, I feel so grown up saying that.
Nothing fancy here.
We'd love some matching side tables and lamps,
but we're working with what we have for the moment.
Hope you enjoyed your tour!
I'm sure we'll keep you posted as we continue to
make this house our home.

Have a delicious day!

1. colors and the ability to see them
2. unpacking things I forgot we had
3. lots of sunshine through the windows

10 comments:

Carly said...

Looks great! I am so glad you were able to move in before kid #2 came.

We'll be in Boston from May 27th to June 1st for Alicia's wedding. We'd love to see you!

Trisha said...

Love it! I love all the colors:)

LL said...

LOVE IT! love it all...the colors, the space, the bright openness of it all. BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks for the tour and WELCOME HOME!!!

Mary Casey said...

AHH! This house is SPECTACULAR! Everything looks so great! Congratulations, Kim and Marty. You guys really, really deserve it.

AM said...

oh my gosh i'm SO happy for you!! a house to call home that is all your own! i feel like that day will never come for us! i hope to come visit you some day =o]

Jo Jo said...

Thanks for the tour! Love yellow and lots of light! Great kitchen with the ceramics, my favorite room. Which is important, as I spend most of my day there!

Eva Challen said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy to see pictures! Can't wait to come and see it in person in a couple of months!

Laura said...

How perfectly lovely. I enjoyed the tour immensely. Now if only I could stay for some lemonade and a chat whilst we relax in the nook! Miss you, lady.

Aubrey said...

It looks so nice and spacious! I love all the paint colors and can envision you cooking something fabulous in your kitchen. Charlotte and I will have to visit one of these days.

Toni said...

How wonderful!!! Congratulations on your beautiful new home! I love the bright colors!