Thursday, April 29, 2010

A few things I should probably mention...

So as it turns out,
I managed to turn 26 and
Marty and I managed to celebrate 2 years of marriage
without any documentation.
This is the closest thing we have:

One of the few pictures we took over April vacation.
Hot, sweaty, working outside.
Yup. That about sums it up.

We really did have a great anniversary
and birthday celebration this year.
We just kept everything very low key.
At this point in the pregnancy,
I really don't have energy for much but low key.

Our anniversary was back on April 19th,
and we just took the whole day to be together as a family.
We had a nice big breakfast together,
went out to lunch at our favorite local sandwich place,
visited the farm (where we had our first date),
and really just tried to relax.

My birthday was on the 27th, and I loved every minute!
Marty took the day off work
and we were able to get all the final things done before Lucy
that have just been getting put on the back shelf.
I finally feel like I can go into labor and leave the house
without leaving chaos in my wake.
Marty's mom watched Dorothy that night
so that we could sneak out for a dinner together.
I'm guessing that we'll find it tough to get out on too many dates
for at least a few months after Lucy is born.
Just a hunch when you have a newborn and a 14 month old...

I can't believe that we are
only a few days away from adding another birthday
to our spring of celebrating!
We'll be keeping you all posted!

1. already being dilated to a 2
(hopefully this means Lucy will come more quickly than Dot!)
2. the return of the sunshine
3. all the frozen meals in the freezer--
bring on Lucy!

4 comments:

LL said...

SO EXCITING!
Don't you love feeling ready. Come on LUCY!!!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday and anniversary. I was thinking of you two over Patriot's Day - remembering our trip to Newport 2 years ago.
I love Dot's hair.

Jo Jo said...

Your visitor's comments make me laugh! Congrats on those spring celebrations! We're awaiting the birth of that sweet little girl!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! Happy almost baby! Happy new piano! What exciting things going on in your family. I miss you.