Saturday, April 10, 2010

A perfect day.

Oh, today was wonderful--
perhaps even perfect.

Dorothy "helped" me try my hand
at homemade bulky rolls for part of our dinner tomorrow.
We got a whole heck of a lot of fresh air and sunshine.
Dorothy played with a whole lot of rocks.
Seriously,
why do we buy toys when it is this simple?
We took a walk down the road to the head of Westport.

And enjoyed some massive treats once we got there.
It's a good thing I had Dot to help me take down my cookiewich.

And to top it all off,
our first asparagus of the year was ready to eat!
Isn't it beautiful?
There's nothing like eating fresh veggies in the springtime.
(It sure helps balance out cookiewich snacks:)

1. the first offerings of the garden
2. hometown country stores
3. making some great memories as a family of 3
while looking forward to becoming a family of 4

3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Fun day! Can't believe you're growing asparagus! I'm sooo jealous!

Aubrey said...

I love the picture of her in the colander - so cute. How nice to have home grown asparagus.

Sarah Hall said...

Kim you look beautiful I hope you have a fantastic birthday and Dot is so big! So adorable. Glad to see all is going so well in Mass. I have to admit I do miss it on ocassions mostly because I was blessed to meet such wonderful people!!