Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh, that Frances...

My wonderful mother sent me a wonderful book for my birthday: To the Rescue--The Biography of Thomas S. Monson. I wish I had more time to devour it, but I have been getting nibbles in almost daily. Even in those nibbles, I have been finding gems to uplift me or make me think (now that is a book worth reading!).

About a week ago I was reading one part that mentioned how Frances, Thomas S. Monson's wife, was always up to make breakfast for her husband even if it was at 4:30am before an early flight. At first I chuckled to myself and thought, "good thing my husband doesn't expect that!" But then I started to think some more and concluded that just because my sweet husband doesn't EXPECT breakfast in the morning doesn't mean I shouldn't take on that responsibility.

So, a new week began, and I have actually been dragging my patoot out of bed somewheres around 6 (maybe closer to 6:30) and making breakfast for the family. Lo and behold, that sweet Frances was on to something. Our mornings, though still a little crazy, are filled with such a wonderful sense of family and cohesiveness. I love all being gathered together around the crumbs of a good meal to give sticky goodbye kisses when Marty takes off for work.

I think we have yet another family tradition, folks!
(except for maybe those 4:30am days--I don't know if I'm THAT good of a wife:)

No comments: