Sunday, May 15, 2011

*Sigh*

Well, we've hit a minor bump in our farm life road.

We're an egg-eating family. You kind of feel obligated to be that way when your chickens are laying a dozen eggs per day. I'm always scrambling (no pun intended) to find new egg recipes that we can use, especially dinner recipes where the egg can be our protein. And why not? It saves us money, gives us a good dose of our omega 3 fatty acids, and we all love them!

All of us, except poor little Lucy's tummy that is. We have now had several puke fests courtesy of eggs at the most recent meal. I think I kept hoping that it was just a fluke. Apparently not. She also has some pretty bad eczema that doesn't seem to quit no matter how much coconut oil I rub on her poor body. Hopefully an egg-free diet will help her skin as well as her tummy.

I'm sure that we'll still do eggs for the rest of us, but I'll have to start learning the ropes of egg-free living as well.

Anyone else in this boat with some suggestions?

2 comments:

Wandering Heaps Clan said...

are u sure it's the whole egg? maybe she's allergic to the yolk or somethin, poor baby, send her a hug from me.

Jo Jo said...

After my latest pregnancy I developed a corn allergy! Corn is in everything, but I find that cheaper eggs make me have hives where grain fed/cage free eggs don't...if their feed has corn, maybe she too suffers from this?