Sunday, August 21, 2011

I want THAT.

I get pregnancy cravings. No doubt about it. With Dorothy and Lucy, I hate to admit it, I craved donuts, ice cream, and pastries. I tried not to give in too often, but there was the occasional run to stop and shop at 9 pm to fill a "need." I remember cringing as the self scanner practically yelled across the store "please move your PASTRY to the belt."

This time around I have more varied cravings. However, instead of wanting something once every few weeks, I find myself wanting one thing for a week straight. My cravings this time have included:

Caesar salad wraps (but NO chicken, please. It currently makes me wretch.)
slurpees
eel, avocado, and cucumber sushi
pork quesadillas
fresh fruit
pizza (in varying degrees of quality)
potato salad
churros and hot chocolate (although this one was never fulfilled)
rainbow sherbet
flavored seltzer water
cheese and crackers

The caesar wraps were a little out of control. I literally ate one (or two) a day for about a week and a half. I was bringing all the fixings to church and making them in the kitchen to get through the meetings with a happy tummy. I was making them before bed to eat while I read. I don't know that I ever allowed myself to have one for breakfast, but I am sure that I thought about it. I'm a little sick of the wraps part now, but I have given in to eating just straight croutons and salad dressing. Once. Maybe twice.

I am always fascinated that when the sound of most food makes me want to yack, those dear old cravings go down nice and easy. Thank goodness for grocery stores and a husband willing to run a few extra errands.

No comments: