Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My new Best Friend

Zofran.
It gets me through the days.
It gives me the ability to enjoy this summer with my family.

With a dose of nausea medication in my tummy,
we have had some truly delicious summer days:

The beach.

I too often forget to enjoy living 10 minutes from the ocean.
But these little girls love it so much,
I'm sure that we will be going much more frequently.
We braved a bumpy ferry ride over to Martha's Vineyard
for one of my favorite summer days.
Who doesn't love boat rides, picnics, carousels, and ice cream
all in the same day?
We headed over to Battleship Cove to see the ships,
walk along the water,
ride the carousel,
and,
of course,
jump up and down like Rocky at the top of these steps.
I mostly just love getting outside.
The fresh air is,
well,
refreshing,
and I always feel grateful when I think about
the long winter months that will be here before we know it.
Look at that dirt-covered face.
Now that is beauty.


3 comments:

Travis and Heather said...

Bless you my dear! Baby number three, what an adventure. And I need to meet Zofran next time. All I hear is how ridiculously wonderful it is. I can't imagine not spending 25 weeks in the bathroom wishing I could crawl in a hole and, well, die.
That sounds morbid doesn't it.
I only partially mean it now, but at the time I fully mean it.
You are tremendous and could I imagine raise 10 beautiful babies and still grind your own wheat, homeschool (no offense Marty:), and be a tremendous friend. Many happy wishes your way during this pregnancy!

Jo Jo said...

That dirty face is priceless! Glad you're out and about. I know a few other gals who had best friends like that. Hang in there!

Trisha said...

I just love your little family:-)