Wednesday, March 18, 2009

She is HERE!

Dorothy Mae Vieira
took her time getting here,
but she made it!

This beautiful girl is
6lb14oz,
20 inches,
and a whole lot of sweetness.

I went into early labor Monday night (March 16th)
and had contractions consistently for the next 10 hours.
They still weren't quite close enough to go the hospital
at that point, so we took a walk outside.

The walk brought them about a minute closer together
and when I called the doctor's office
they told me to go ahead and get over to labor and delivery.

When they first checked us at the hospital,
we had progressed to a 3 from the 1/2cm a week before.
However,
7 hours later, I was still only at a 3.
At that point I knew we had a long night ahead of us.

It wasn't until about 2am on the 18th that my body was
finally ready to push.
I was so exhausted that it took another 2 and 1/2
hours of pushing to get Dorothy here.

She was born at 5:07 am on March 18th.

She is a very alert little girl,
taking in as much as she can with her beautiful eyes
when she is awake.


We are so in love with her
and feel so blessed to be her parents.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Kim - I'm so happy for you and Marty and can't wait to meet this little girl. She is beautiful. Char and I kept each other up to date with your progress and I'm so sorry it was a long labor...but I'm sure worth it in the end.

Carly said...

Congratulations! I am excited to meet her. You guys better still be planning on coming out here this summer....She needs to meet my fetus!

Adam and Anya said...

What a glorious little angel! Congrats and rest rest rest!! Those long labors require extra recovery.

What a miracle!

Trisha said...

Congratulations! Wow - she looks like her daddy :) I can't wait to meet his little angel.

Kirsti said...

Im so excited for you guys!!

Laura said...

Yay! She is precious. Can't wait to meet her. Congratulations--you both will be excellent parents. Dottie Mae is one lucky lady.