Monday, March 9, 2009

Getting Close...

8 days left until the official due date!
And I am certainly hoping that Dorothy is
a punctual little lady.

We had an appointment last Friday for a final ultrasound.
Our midwife was a little worried that I had
been measuring small at my last few visits,
but the ultrasound showed a healthy girl!
As of Friday,
Dorothy weighed 6lbs 12oz
and everything else looked good.
We're hoping that we'll be meeting her in close to a week
and that she will have grown to just over 7lbs.

The bad news is that the office policy
allows women to go up to 2 weeks past their due date.
So, we could potentially be pregnant until March 31st.
I am REALLY hoping that she comes sooner than that!
I'm still feeling fairly comfortable,
it's just so hard to wait to meet someone you already love.

I'm trying to take these final weeks easy--
taking lots of naps
and reading as much as I can.
Good thing that I am a home-body by nature,
or I think all this time in the apartment would drive me crazy.

Thankfully,
the weather has been beautiful the last few days.
It turned to rain today,
but yesterday we were able to get over to see Marty's horse
and to start thinking about what we want to plant in the garden.
I can't wait for a spring full of new life--
including our little Dorothy!

1. visits from family
2. dishwashers
3. homemade bread

2 comments:

AM said...

she will come when she is supposed to! you can make it kim! =o] you are going to be a great mom someday (soon!) so right now just try to keep enjoying being a great wife because your days of honey-mooning are coming to a close! =o]

Laurita said...

Oh goodness you are so close! I can't wait to meet little Dot either. Can you believe it's not yet been a year since your temple experience? What a lovely life. Love to you, my dear, and miss you tons.