Monday, May 4, 2009

of birthdays and blessings

welp,
I'm officially a quarter of a century old.
And what better gift is there to commemorate
such an occasion than a new pair of shoes?
How about
2 pairs of shoes!

My new sandals:
My new heels:
I lost most of my shoe collection last summer,
so Marty thought he would treat me to some new shoes
for my birthday.
He even picked out the snazzy mustard colored heels.
I love them!

This past Sunday
we were able to bless Dorothy.
My parents flew in from North Carolina
and my sister and her family drove up from Pennsylvania
for the celebration.

We have had such a hard time catching one of Dorothy's
smiles on camera,
but Grandma Heaps got one on the first try.
Oh, she just gets cuter by the day!
The weather was mostly cloudy and rainy,
but we had enough of a break in the weather
to take my parents to the daffodil field we recently discovered.
Here is our little Miss all ready for her blessing day at church.
the mama lady and her sweet baby girl.
Another family shot.
Marty gave Dorothy a beautiful and simple blessing.
From the company we had
to the blessing and luncheon afterward,
it was all a beautiful weekend.

1 comment:

AM said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! i feel like such a jerk! Happy Belated Birthday Kim!!!!!!!!!!