Monday, May 18, 2009

while the baby sleeps on my lap...

I am going to do this:

ABCs of me

A) Attached or Single: attached. most certainly.

B) Best Friend: Martonian Berticus.

C) Cake or Pie: pies of all shapes and sizes

D) Day of Choice: Sunday--especially Sunday afternoons

E) Essential Items: my books, flipflops, music, kitchenAid, plants, and crackers

F) Favorite Color: nothing but green for me

G) Gummy Bears or Worms: neither, thank you.

H) Hometown: Northboro, MA--not to be confused with Southboro, Westboro, Foxboro, Marlboro, Boxboro, Attleboro, or any other lovely boro of Massachusetts.

I) Indulgences: warm baths and pints of ice cream--different flavors for different days

J) January or July: hmm, not a huge fan of either, but July more than January

K) Kids: one sweet little baby girl--my little polka Dot

L) Life is incomplete without: Marty and Dorothy, the Gospel, phone calls with my mama and sisters, reading, nature, music, and more...

M) Marriage Date: April 19, 2008

N) Number of siblings: 2 brothers, 2 sisters

O) Oranges or Apples: ohhhhh, a fresh honey crisp apple from the farm is the best! but a pink lady from the store hits the spot as well.

P) Phobias: clowns and tidal waves. seriously.

Q) Quotations: oh so many. here's a taste:

"From a great heart secret magnetisms flow incessantly to draw great events."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
~Victor Hugo

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
~Kate Chopin

"...a tie is a noose, and inverted though it is, it will hang a man nonetheless if he's not careful."
~Yann Martel

R) Reasons to Smile: sunshine, a warm home, freshly baked bread, Dottie's cooing, Marty's love, good friends, cups of tea in the morning, walks in the fresh air, working in the garden, learning new things every day, and the peace and joy that come from a life centered in the gospel.

S) Season: der Fall. no contest.

T) Tag: YOU, if you so desire.

U) Unknown fact about me: my family and I used to piece dinosaur bones back together at a museum in Utah.

V) Vegetarian or Meat Eater: I have been both in my life. I currently eat meat.

W) Worst Habit: snorting when I laugh. pregnancy seemed to really exacerbate it.

X) X-rays: many many many of my poor right hip (2 plates + 12 pins = spiffy x-rays), my teeth, my leg, hmm there may be others

Y) Yummy Favorite Food: I love me some paella, salmon, chowdah, scalloped potatoes, curry, cuban black bean stew, enchiladas, and more. food in general is my favorite.

Z) Zodiac Sign: Taurus. I'm a bull baby.

your turn!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Of course you love paella! You would. What about hot dogs? I know you went through a time when you loved those.

Will you email me and remind me when/if you are coming to Utah?