Sunday, September 5, 2010

Welcome, three little goats: Hermoine, Daphne, and Selene.

We have some new friends here in Westport--
friends that are good at sharing (their milk).

We took on one milker and twin baby goats this weekend.
This morning was my first go at milking--
not so great.
I'll get the hang of it.
Hermoine is pretty patient with me,
and we're looking forward to all the tasty things we can do
with fresh goat milk.
Yogurt and ricotta are first on the list,
and we'll see what else we can come up with!
Stay tuned...
1. knowing where my milk comes from
2. knowing my fingers will get stronger
3. knowing fall is just around the corner!

3 comments:

The Mormon Monk said...

Fun! Wish we had a yard to keep animals in . . .

Anonymous said...

Is she supposed to be named after Hermione Granger? If so, I think you need to switch a couple of letters in the spelling =)

Jo Jo said...

You are one brave chick. What does it taste like? I'd love the products those as well. Looking forward to more goat stories!