Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Breakfast!

Last night was a doozy of a storm. Torrential downpours, thunder, lightning crashing seemingly right overhead. I woke up around midnight and just sat at the window watching, a bit in awe at how powerful it all was. 

When we woke up just before 6 we could see that our garden was a bit swampy, but otherwise we had weathered the storm well. Then just as we were getting to 6, we heard a transformer blow right across the main road and everything went down. 

I started thinking about hauling water out of the basement and manually lighting the stove to put together some sort of breakfast. I then started thinking about all the food in the fridge and freezer and how I didn't want to chance losing any of it by opening the doors. And to complicate things further, we had just over an hour to get Marty fed and out the door for summer school. 

So, out to breakfast it was! I was grateful I hadn't wimped out on cooking dinner recently, begging my husband to have pity on his tired pregnant wife (which he of course, would:). Instead we were able to use our fun money for French toast, egg and cheese sandwiches, home fries, pancakes, bacon, and juice. Oh, let's not forget the joy of continuing the morning with no dishes in the sink! With that bit of extra energy I started a few other chores I've been putting off. And the best part is that the power was coming back on just as we got home.

So, thank you, random power outtage. You started this Wednesday off right!

No comments: