Thursday, July 17, 2014

Take two.

After two days of rain and ridiculous humidity, I couldn't help but make plans to get out of the house when I saw the sun shining this morning. I was brave and decided we would attempt berry picking again--with mandatory potty attempts before entering the van!!

I am so glad that we went! The day was beautiful. We had redboxed the Lego movie yesterday to pass our second rainy afternoon in a row. I hadn't seen it yet--another thing I'm glad we did. I laughed more than I thought I would! Anyway, I let the kids watch it one more time on the drive and found myself singing the "everything is awesome!" song all day. Picking berries in the sun? Awesome. Delicious farm cafe snacks? Awesome. Making a blueberry pie? Totally awesome. 
Life. It's awesome!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! I'm happy you were able to have a redo.
A couple things: Can I have your blueberry pie recipe? I've never tried blueberry pie, but I saw a photo a bit ago, and it looked too good :)
And I'm happy to hear you liked the Lego movie, because I've been debating if we should see it. The Capital has movies on the outside lawn on weekends, and this movie is one of them. We are just really cautious about entertainment. But I trust Your judgement, so I'm excited! :)