Saturday, October 4, 2008

to life. to love. to Marty. cheers.

My sweet husband is off to
the Priesthood session of conference,
and I miss him.
I love him.
I'm so happy to know we have
Eternity.


I love this picture of him.

Anywho...

When Marty and I began dating,
we lived FAR away from each other
and were both terribly busy with work and school.
Therefore,
a LOT of our courtship became electronic:
texts,
emails,
phone calls.
One wonderful aspect of this type of relationship
is that we have so much of it saved.
A few fun texts are still in our phones,
many an email live in saved folders on our accounts,
and even a phone message or two have survived deletion.

So, as a tribute to our love,
I am posting some of my favorite email snippits.

WARNING to all of you lactose-covered love intolerant people,
major cheese is about to be shared:

10/14/2007
"Here's to Sunday afternoon walks in our garden of Eden,
to sweet moments without words
(but maybe a few kisses),
to warm memories created over warm, homemade meals,
and to the peace that comes when I hold your hand,
hear your voice,
or when my blue eyes meet yours.
Here's to us."

10/21/2007
"Green grass. Red lips. Golden sunshine.
Blue eyes. White temple clothes--
Look at all the color you bring into my life."

10/30/2007
"We should do some yoga.
We should climb a mountain.
We should listen to the rain fall.
We should...
We should...
We should...forever."

I know that these words mean much more to me
than any of you who will read them.
But
LOVE
is
best
shared.
So, my friends, here is a glimpse of our love.
And may we all cherish the miraculous phenomenon
that love can grow more
every day.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Kim...I saw the thankyou card you sent to my mom's house today. (I'm here for general conference weekend) Once I saw your blog I had to check it out. You guys look fantastic! I'm so happy for you and your great pregnancy news. I can sympathize with your pregnancy sickness - mine is SO bad. Glad you are feeling better. I'm adding your blog to mine!:)

Eva Challen said...

You are so sappy! That's why we love you though! Can't wait to see you in just a couple of weeks!

Adam and Anya said...

Cute cute cute!

Sabra Palmer said...

holy cow--I didn't know who you were leaving a message on my blog. LOL. Cliff had to tell me that it was you. I can't believe how much you have grown up. Where has the time gone that my young women from back in the day are having babies!! Congratulations!!! So glad you found me. Please keep in touch.
Love, Sabra

Laura said...

I love this. I love YOU. I love you + Marty. I love your happiness. I love your heart.