Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Feels like Home

Before our wedding last April,
Marty and I had to decide where we were going to live.
While I was showering one day,
I received a strong impression that we were to move
down by Marty's family.
So here we are in Dartmouth, MA!

Although I am constantly discovering more and more
reasons why this was the right choice,
it does not mean that this move has been extremely easy.
It has been hard to adjust to a new area
where Marty knows all the places and people, and I do not.
It has been wonderful to be near his family,
but it has also been a hard reminder that I am far from mine.

The other day we found a little spot that
reminds me of some of my favorite places up in Northborough,
and it made me feel like
I can start to associate this new area with home.
Such a simple little thing,
but thank goodness for the simple things in life.
The little cafe/gift and book shop
was the perfect place for a beautiful fall afternoon lunch.


The sandwiches were delicious.


And the company was exceptional.


I am so grateful to have such a sweet husband
that will go exploring with me
even in an area that he already knows by heart.

3 comments:

Becky said...

CUTE little cafe. Even CUTER couple! It's hard to be homesick, especially when YOU are the one far away from everyone. Why in the HECK did your family all move south anyway?

LL said...

SO cute!!! love the picture, you guys are aforable!

LL said...

ok.I'm LAUGHING. not only are you guys AFORDABLE, you're ADORABLE too! duh.
love the cute hat