Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving some Thanks...

it is something
I should do more often.

There are obvious things in my life
that I am thankful for:
family,
friends,
pregnancy,
our home,
the church,
food,
clothing,
etc.
But here (in no particular order) is the
TOP TEN LIST
of less obvious things I am thankful for.

1) Vacuum Cleaners--yes, indeed. The little vacuum we got for
our wedding does not have a bag; it sucks the dirt into
a clear tube that you dump after a few rooms.
I don't know if it is finally having my own space
or if it is being able to see all the dirt that the vacuum actually pulls up,
but I love that machine.
I beam as I move from room to room. Sad, but true.

2) Freezers--what a fantastic invention!
Not only are they the keeping place for the ever important
pint of ice cream, but they also house all the
frozen leftovers I will THANKFULLY be using as I get
more and more pregnant.

3) Price Rite--could there be a more chaotic place
to do your grocery shopping? I think not.
The food aisles are tiny. The carts all seem to squeak.
You pull your groceries directly from the boxes they were shipped in.
Marty and I were almost crushed when a display of kool-aid
juice bottles collapsed at the end of an aisle.
Oh, but it is wonderful!
Everything is cheaper than Shaw's or Stop and Shop.
I now make it my first stop every grocery shopping day.

4) Lower Gas Prices--I think that little
explanation is necessary here.
I filled up at BJ's for $1.79 a gallon the other day.
I don't know what is happening to the economy,
but I love the way it is effecting gas prices.

5) "Buy one, get one FREE"--what genius came up with this idea?
Seeing a little sign that says this magical phrase
(especially when I already needed to buy the product)
just makes my day.
Marty is probably sick of hearing all of my in depth explanations
of the unexpected deals I find at the grocery store.
Tough. It brings me joy.

6) Lap Tops that won't quit--Framingham State
requires all students to get a laptop when they begin classes.
So, I did.
It worked pretty well for my years there. I can't complain.
However, the other day it blue screened (typical).
I turned it off and attempted to re-boot.
Error: Hard drive not found. WHAT? What does that mean?
I turned it off and on over and over.
I pushed every key on the keyboard.
I opened the back and a piece fell out that I could not identify
to return to its proper location.
I stood on top of it in anger.
I tired again; I am blessed.
It started up without a problem and is still working today.
THANKFULLY.

7) Subway--I don't know what it is about this pregnancy,
but I cannot get enough of the veggie delight sub from Subway.
This baby loves every veggie in the store
topped off with a little American cheese and a squirt of Southwest sauce.
Oh, with plenty of jalapenos.
Even if they cause heartburn
I can't help myself.

8) Ebay and Craig's List--In attempt to scrounge up some
extra money, Marty and I have been trying to sell
many of our "Why did I buy all this stuff when I was single" items
that are laying around the apartment.
Cathartic? Yes.
Lucrative? Often.
What a great combo.

9) Energy Saving Lightbulbs--and not just because we save energy.
Don't get me wrong, that is the main reason to use them.
However, when you turn them on they start out quite dim
and slowly warm up until they give off full light.
My little eyes love this,
especially in the morning when I am still waking up.
The harshness of the morning light turn on has been alleviated.

10) AND My Winter Thermals--I splurged on a great pair
of thermals at EMS a few years ago,
and they are still kickin'!
Now that the weather is cold, I wear them everywhere.
I wear them at home as an outfit in themselves.
I wear them under my outfits to run errands
and smile when the wind cannot make me hurry into the store.
I even wore the leggings under my dress to church last week.
THANKFULLY they still fit over my pregnant body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SO, that is my list for today.
May you all enjoy a wonderful tomorrow
filled with delicious smells, tastes,
and lots of love.

1 comment:

Becky said...

happy thanksgiving my friend! have a wonderful day.