Monday, January 19, 2009

My Birthday Dinner

Kim is the true blogger of the family,
but I thought I would try my hand at it.

There is nothing better for your birthday
than to eat a meal you get to choose.

Home-cooked meals are always better than restaurant food
(especially when you're married to the best cook on the planet)
so I asked Kim to make me dinner instead of going out to eat.



This year's request was steamed salmon with rice pilaf and corn.
Everything was perfectly done. We love using our bamboo steamers.


Dessert was even more scrumptious!
Kim made me her very own fried ice cream with fresh strawberries.


What a sweet life!
burp.



2 comments:

The Vieiras said...

I'm glad you liked it, handsome. I'll definitely be making that faux fried ice cream again! Love you!

Mary Casey said...

Looks delicious! You two are so sweet together!!!

Kim, can you tell me how you made that fried ice cream again? All I remember is something about cornflakes and honey... which I could make into a gigantic mess if I tried to figure out the rest of the recipe on my own!

P.S. I am still trying to budget my grocery shopping as well as you! :)