Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our little Dot

What an incredible experience last night!
To finally have an identity,
a specific gender, face, and name for our little girl
literally left me speechless.
Marty noted that I was very quiet during the ultrasound,
but I was just trying to take it all in.

So here she is!
The placenta and cord were both near her face,
so it was hard to get a clear shot.
But here is the best one!
We love her little nose and lips.

It was so wild to see what Dottie was up to in there.
We saw her kicks,
her heartbeat,
her eyes open,
and even her drinking some amniotic fluid.
It was crazy!
Here is a shot with her eyes open.
Again, the placenta is covering half her face,
but at least you can see one eye.


She is quite the flexible little lady,
let me tell you!
She had her arms down at her sides,
but her legs were bent and her feet were up near her face.
Apparently she finds this to be a comfortable position
because she would not move.
So here you can see one of her feet up near her face.


And,
last but not least,
a perfect shot of a perfect little foot!
Her feet look really long to me,
and it looks like she is going to have feet like her daddy's--
the second toe is longer than the big toe.
I can't wait to kiss those feet and meet her in March!


Now I just have to use as much
will power as I can muster to not go out
and buy a ton of girl stuff.
I did talk Marty into going to Target last night
after the ultrasound.
And, yes,
I bought Dorothy some shoes.
A girl can always use a good pair of shoes:)

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hooray for girls! I'm glad that you know now - it really does change things for you mentally and emotionally. I was leaning towards boy too, but glad that we will have little girls.

Sabra Palmer said...

Kim you are so cute! I get such a kick out of reading your cute blog. I am so excited for you and your beautiful baby. I can't wait to see real life photos of her.