Sunday, January 4, 2009

Suggestions?

Okay, ladies,
I would like some advice.

Yesterday, Marty and I began the project
of turning what has been our
computer room
into what will be our nursery.
We got the desk out,
all of the cables and cords out,
vacuumed, wiped down, and rearranged everything,
and brought out the baby things we already own.
It is starting to take shape.

As we are preparing this room,
(and just for the baby in general)
I keep trying to walk myself through
a day in the life of a new mom.
I feel like I have been able to think of many of the
things we will need,
but obviously not everything.
This is where all of you come in.
For all of you moms out there,
what are some of the day-to-day items
you find most helpful?
Is there anything you thought you would never use
but now are grateful to have?

It's funny,
I feel completely calm about labor and delivery,
but I'm nervous that we won't be prepared enough
when the baby comes home.

Speaking of the baby,
tomorrow night at 7 we have our
ultrasound appointment to let us know the sex!
AND
can you believe that this week will put me at
3o weeks into the pregnancy?
Time is flying!
Another 8-12 weeks
and little baby Vieira will be here!
What a great milestone for 2009.
We can't wait!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hmmm...it would be more helpful to have a list of what you DO have and then it could spark my memory of what you don't have. You should post a list and we'll add to it! I can't believe you are already 30 weeks. :) Motherhood is FANTASTIC! And I know you will be a GREAT mother.

JoshandMegs said...

I absolutely LOVE the Boppy! If you're going to nurse it really is great!!
Also Vasoline! Josh and I always put a little on Abigail's bottom and where ever the diaper touches between each change. One it helps with clean up, the mess just wipes right off! And two she has never had a diaper rash!

Laney said...

(I know I've never met you, but I was friends with Marty in high school and I'm so excited for you guys!) Don't worry about a diaper genie - they don't really work anyway :) Just get a metal trashcan with a lid that is small enough to use grocery bags to fill it. I never used my changing table either :) The best diaper rash ointment I've found is Bag Balm and I wouldn't worry about burp clothes - get cloth diapers to use instead. They absorb so much better!