Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dennis the Wrennis

Last Friday,
my high school band director,
Dennis Wrenn,
passed away while on a trip to Greece with his students.


Mr. Wrenn was a fantastic man.
He taught me to have confidence in my abilities.
He helped me to improve my rhythm.
He greatly increased my love for music.

I remember spending hours every day
down in the band room.
Between the full jazz ensemble,
symphonic band,
and the small jazz quartets
I would play in,
the band room and music became a second home.

I am so grateful for all that Dennis Wrenn did for me
and for all of the students he worked with over the past 28 years.
But,
more than anything,
I look forward to sharing with my daughter
a love of music that he helped to foster,
a love of music that brought me and my husband together.

Thank you, Mr. Wrenn.

1. the trumpet
2. school music programs
3. teachers

No comments: