Thursday, March 3, 2011

If you put them away...

spring will come. Right?
The sun is shining, a stinking cold wind is blowing, but we're hopeful for spring. Today we purge ourselves of our winter layers and cross our fingers that no more snowstorms will send us to dig through bins in the basement in retreat.

I've always considered myself a fall kind of gal, but this past year I have found myself looking forward with new anticipation for each season. I loved watching Dorothy's joy when she discovered scarecrows last fall and snowmen this winter in our neighbor's yard. I love watching Lucy's face as she pulls herself up to the windowsill every morning to see if anything new has entered her view. So even if it is a few weeks too early to really be out of the winter, we are ushering in the springtime! Daffodils, sweet green leaves, and chirping birds, here we come!

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

I think that's a great idea! I'm putting mine away as well ;-)

Travis and Heather said...

I love your post!! Hilarious. Is putting away winter stuff kinda like giving away all your little girl stuff to have a girl? If so I am on the right track.