Monday, March 7, 2011

What was THAT?

Oh, my kitchen floor. Try as I might, even with a vacuuming every(or almost every) evening it finds itself covered with goodies from my two munchkins almost immediately. I've not given up hope for a clean floor, but have simply decided it is nowhere in my immediate future.

Well, this past weekend was particularly overwhelming: two extra kiddos, a baby shower, dinner with friends (tender mercy of no dinner dishes!), and a good dose of oncoming sickness to round it all out. Let's just say that I was less than diligent with my cleaning. Or perhaps we should just be honest and say that I didn't really worry about it:) Either way, by Sunday morning there were a few more past-meal goodies than usual littering our island.

That being said, my good husband was eating a snack at the kitchen island yesterday afternoon and dropped some. *Note: we are ALL ABOUT the 10 second rule, so long as what has been dropped does not splat or stick to the floor.* Marty, not thinking too much of his dropped piece of dry cereal quickly bent down to pick it up and popped it in his mouth.

And that's when I realized my kitchen floor had gone too far.

Oh, he sputtered and perhaps even gagged for a minute. Then he looked down and noticed the myriad of food pieces. "What was THAT?" he asked. I quickly thought about the possibilities: stale pieces of buttered toast, dry bits of playdough, dried up peas, and (dare I even mention them?) crusty chunks of hot dog and banana.

I'm still not sure what IT was, my dear. But rest assured, the floor will be clean by the time you get home today!

3 comments:

Laney said...

I would highly recommend getting a dog - it has decreased the food on my floor by about 95% :) I have decided that a good dog, one that eats everything, is a necessity when you have multiple small children!

Travis and Heather said...

Oh bless his heart. The 10 second rule only applies at our house now if I have mopped that very day. Otherwise I give a very vibrant-don't you dare eat that because it probably has my hair on it. Sick.
Did we get you sick afterall? I hope not! If so I will mail you the rest of my albuterol:)

Jo Jo said...

funny! glad it wasn't you! ditto on the dog ;-)