Thursday, March 24, 2011

My girl wants to party all the time!

WHAT a weekend we had! Who knew a two-year-old's birthday and accompanying parties could be so darn FUN?

Dorothy started her special day in her birthday outfit request:
She eventually swapped out the pink hat for the birthday crown we made,
and I was able to convince her to wear some more sensible shoes.
I wish that I could take credit for the beautiful weather we had.
The day was a birthday present in itself!
We took full advantage and spent hours outside
walking, talking to the animals, playing on the swings, and poking around the garden.
About three weeks before her birthday,
Dorothy started to request a "choo choo" cake.
I had no idea she was even interested in trains!
I had already made plans to do flower cupcakes for her big party,
but some toothpicks, popsicle sticks, and store bought Thomas later,
we had a train cake that made her eyes light up.
We love easy.
Dorothy has always been pretty dainty with her food,
so when Goose dug in and started getting cake everywhere
(and enjoying it!)
we thought it was great.
I can't wait to see what she does with her bowl of birthday pudding.
Since ALL her Vieira aunts, uncles, and cousins were in town,
we did a BIG ole' birthday bash in her honor.
Here she is with her grandma-made daisy pillow.
This talking, singing, pink and purple picnic basket from "Auntie" Mary
was THE toy of the evening.
All little hands were grabbing for the cups, food, forks, and trying to push buttons.
I wish we had a video for this one.
This is Dot cutting a rug in her new birthday dress and shoes.
I'm sure there will be many more birthday dance parties in her future.
And my favorite,
birthday giggles with papa:
This little girl of ours sure knows how to have a good time.
We are grateful for her infectious smile and laughter,
her love of the color pink and all things girly,
her stubborn but sweet personality,
and for how complete she makes our family feel.

Until next year,
Happy Birthday, my Polka Dot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how when she was first born, you didn't want anything pink...she sure showed you who is boss!

Jo Jo said...

I love that homemade flower! It's wonderful. She is SOOOO cute!

Desiree M. said...

Dot told me all about her choo choo cake in nursery last Sunday. :)

Shirley said...

Kim, I have a video of the dance if you want it. Those girls are sure beautiful little angels.

LL said...

so so sweet! she is ADORABLE!
Happy Birthday to your Princess