Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let us not forget the Goose

I feel like there have been quite a few posts about Dorothy lately, and I'm about to do another. But right now, I need to give a little love to my second born.

This girl has been nothing but sweetness since the minute she was born--scratch that--since the minute I could feel her kicking around in the womb. Even during my pregnancy I could tell she was going to be our little peacemaker. She brings a calmness into our home that I truly appreciate, and she is not ruffled easily. One of my favorite things are her incredible hugs. She wraps her little arms around you and nuzzles your shoulder until you can feel your heart melt. It is wonderful.

I love watching her and the way she observes the world. While Dot is running all around the yard saying hello to every animal she can find, Lucy is sitting in the grass observing each spear and rock surrounding her. Occasionally she looks up to smile at her sister's antics, and then she slowly crawls to a new spot for observation.
I love that Lucy's personality compliments her sister's so well. While Dorothy enjoys the spotlight, Lucy likes to sit back and see what is going on before jumping in. She is also incredibly patient with Dorothy and still smiles through some rough hugs and tough love.
I feel blessed to be mommy to this little beauty. And I'm sure that I will just continue to learn from her example.
I love you, miss Lucy.

1 comment:

LL said...

adorable!!!
I can't believe how grown up she looks already.
I can't believe it, I thought she was just a few weeks old.
TIME seems to go too fast!