Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is this the little girl I carrried?

As I watched Dorothy eat her yogurt at the kitchen counter this morning, I was filled with that pang that I'm sure all mother's know: she is growing up too fast! She looked so grown up with her hair back in a ponytail, her coordinated hands spooning in the vanilla yogurt, nodding her head to the music playing on the iPod. She seems so much older than even when I left for my trip to Illinois just a few weeks ago.

Last night she asked me to read her her favorite book of poetry. Then she wanted to go through the ABCs and sing "Twinkle, twinkle, little star." Pretty soon she'll be correcting all the words she now says incorrectly, but in such a darn cute way.

All I can do is try and savor these moments.

2 comments:

LL said...

You are WISE!
It's hard to appreciate the moments when you're living in the middle of it all. I'm guilty of wishing it away, then looking back and wishing I could do it all again.
She's a doll!!!

Jo Jo said...

Listening to an ipod? She is getting bigger, that's for sure! She's adorable