Wednesday, October 1, 2014

School snapshots.

After promptings and much prayer, we have decided to homeschool our children. Perhaps it will not be forever, but for right now I love this choice.

With Dorothy officially in Kindergarten this year, we have become much more regular in our school routine. I made sure to have most of the planning done before Annie's birth. Here are some snapshots of how we spend some of our school time together:
Talking about the five senses.
Working on sight words.
Utilizing workbooks--so mommy doesn't have to create everything!
Understanding where we live.
Enjoying the change in seasons.
Taking field trips.
Finding surprises in nature.
And playing!!

The first few weeks we hit some (fairly big) bumps in the road. Dorothy despised how we were doing phonics. We changed the when and how, and my big girl took off! I now find phonetically spelled notes left all around the house. I love being the audience for all this learning and growth!

Now I just hope we can keep this up!




1 comment:

JoshandMegs said...

Kim I love that idea for "discovering where we live"!! And their artwork is fantastic!
Way to go momma! You are amazing and I am always so impressed and in love with all that you do with your babes :)