Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DAY 5


I still do not feel deserving of such a wonderful piece of land and home that we have been given. A few years ago, after months of putting offers in on homes and having them rejected, my father-in-law offered me and Marty an incredible opportunity. He allowed us to buy his "farm," his extra lot of land, and start the process of building a home. This piece of land already had a barn, a little pasture, an established garden, and some fruit trees. It truly has felt like we were handed a little piece of Heaven. As we have completed the house and now are working on projects around the yard, we feel intimately connected to this space. Some mornings I look out the window as the sun is rising, and I am overcome with gratitude and humility. Somehow, this is ours.

On this fifth day, I LOVE my home.

2 comments:

Ben Arkell said...

It is such a beautiful lot (from what I can see online)

Jo Jo said...

I wonder how you got the piece of heaven! Yeah!